Saturday, September 10, 2011

That Crazy American

(Written 9/3)

In reviewing my previous post, I realized it was missing one crucial detail. Here goes:
Remember how I was completely lost with no idea what my address was? Well, at that same time, I was trying to find the cell phone company “Orange.” I knew it existed somewhere on the street I was on, but because I couldn’t figure out the numbering system, I had no idea where it would be. I came upon an orange sign that read, “Oi2.” The store had a few phones in the window, and I thought, “I found it!” The door was locked, but a kind old man (not someone who worked there) let me in. He was, however, giving me a strange look. At this point, I realized there were not many phones in the room. There were, however, some flyers and a couch, so I sat down to scan the information. The flyers were advertising hearing aids. With no other choice, I awkwardly stood up and walked out without talking to anyone. Lesson learned: if a store sign doesn’t actually say what you expect it to, it probably isn’t what you’re looking for.

Spanish word of the day: móvil = cell phone (which I have now successfully acquired)

peace,
elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment